I've decided that Aaron should really be documenting all the "wise" things that he has learned at work so today will be the first of, I'm sure, many posts. Pay attention...he's learned some things that may come in handy for you. :)
_________________________________________________________
You would be amazed at all the home remedies that people come up with. I had a gentleman explain this well thought out treatment to me the other night:
Doc: "So what happened to the ankle"
Pt: "Well, ya know, I was walking down the street and musta stepped in a hole and dun twisted it"
Doc: "Alright, where does it hurt?"
Pt: "All up in here on the side, ya know." (points to entire side of foot and ankle and leg with waving hand motions)
Doc: (as he's feeling the foot and ankle to find where it hurts) "OK, and what have you done for it at home?"
Pt: "Well my sister was a cheerleader back in school, ya know, so she knows all about hurting your ankle and stuff... So she told me what ya do is clean out the toilet real well, then stick your foot down inside and flush the thing. Ya know like those baths those football guys take when they get hurt? So I stuck my foot down in there and flushed it a whole bunch a times.... It kinda helped."
Doc: "I hope you took a shower after this" (as he immediately goes to the sink to wash his hands, regretting not putting on gloves when he walked into the room...)
So all this time you had two or three perfectly good whirlpool baths in your home and never even knew it....
DocB
1 comment:
Haha! Seems like that would be pretty cold, otherwise not a bad idea. :)
Post a Comment