Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kidless in Seattle: Our last day :(

So...before I left to join Aaron in Seattle my sis-in-law, Katie, jokingly asked me if we would be taking a trip to Forks, WA.  I laughed and quickly assured her that we would NOT be wasting our time driving to Forks.  Now for those of you who have never read the Twilight series that question probably makes no sense so let me just add that Forks is the town that the series takes place in and people (a.k.a the diehard fans) actually go there to visit because of the books.  Seems a little extreme to me, but...whatever.

Back to the story.  I left for Seattle.  Aaron and I did all the fun things shown in previous posts and were wanting to go whale watching on the last day.  Turns out you have to SIT on a boat for 5-6 HOURS looking for whales.  Not really how we wanted to spend our last day in WA so plan B went into effect.

Plan B was a visit to Olympic National Park.  It was a bit of a drive, but within the park is a RAIN FOREST (not a tropical one obviously).  We were curious so Aaron researched and plotted out our day.  The night before as he was planning our drive, I took a look at the map and had to smother a giggle.  To get to this place we HAD to drive through Forks, WA and a few other locations in the book.  Right before bed I put on my most serious face and informed Aaron of where he had planned for us to visit.  His look...priceless.  It was a running joke the rest of the day.  Do you know that you can get Edward and Jacob sandwiches at the grocery deli??  Did you know that you can take a tour through Forks with a company called Dazzled by Twilight??  I can't even think about this without rolling my eyes and laughing out loud.  Aaron just loved it.  All joking aside.  I really hope the Twilight hype is helping this little town out and the park was beautiful and very different from any other national park that I have ever visited.
See...I wasn't kidding!  :)



The Rain Forest
You just have to go and check it out.  Pictures don't do it justice.


Trying to skip a rock (yeah...I can't do it!)

Trying to jump on top of this giant log 
(Aaron did make it on his 2nd try w/o the backpack.  I just think this pic is funnier.  :))

The coastline...beautiful


1 comment:

Little S said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I'm very jealous! Hope it was a breath of fresh air for your marriage!

I think my favorite part would have been the food tour. Although the hike around Rainer looked like a ton of fun too.

Let's talk soon.