Saturday, December 11, 2010

They are definitely our kids

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a big Santa fan.  We don't make a big deal about him at our house and when I was younger I was scared of hats and beards, which pretty much meant that I wouldn't be sitting on Santa's lap anytime soon.  Aaron just "loves" the holidays (insert sarcasm here) and says that growing up he never really sat on Santa's lap.  So we are not the parents that are dying to get that one pic of our kids with Santa each year.  We could care less, but....

M is a bit excited about Santa coming to fill her stocking this year, so when I heard many of my friends talking about how beautiful this area farm is decorated and that your kids can get their pic with Santa and the money would go to a Christian organization, I figured it would be a fun Christmas activity for the kiddos.  On the way M said that she would love to tell Santa, "Merry Christmas!" and if he asked her she'd tell him she wanted a Belle for Christmas.  We were on for a pic with Santa.

And...we tried, but as soon as we got up to Santa and Mrs. Claus she was terrified, clinging to me and screaming that she didn't want to do it (And let's be honest, I would have done the EXACT same thing at her age. Stranger + beard + hat = hysterics).  G was not too sure either so since we had already paid we figured it would be a fun family pic.


I laugh every time I look at this.  I think I will pack it away with the Christmas decorations so that each year I can look at it and laugh.  And besides.  We won't be trying this again because M and G are definitely our kids.  

No comments: